Yaesu Handheld Radio
The FT-2DE is the latest extension to the line of digital radios supporting 'System Fusion'.
The FT-2DE is a dual band handheld radio which supports FM and C4FM (digital modulation). The radio is suitable for amateur radio use on VHF (144MHz, 2m) and UHF (430MHz, 70cm) and comes with a wide band receiver. A special feature of this handheld transceiver is the large and easy to read LC display, which also acts as an input device (touch screen). This greatly simplifies the operation and handling of the radio.
Of course the FT-2DE supports the so called 'System Fusion' strategy, Yaesu's vision of a smooth migration from analog FM to digital modulation. The C4FM modulation is digital modulation which is used for voice and data transmission. It does support not only voice transmission but also transfer of other digital data like images. A digital communication can be set up directly between two C4FM-capable radios or via the DR-1XE C4FM repeaters by Yaesu. In regions without digital repeaters the classical analog FM modulation can be used. The FT-2DE support automatic mode switching (AMS) which allows you to monitor a repeater and never miss a transmission, whether it is digital or analog.
The dual band radio offers simultaneous reception on VHF and UHF (V/V, U/U, V/U) in FM or C4FM. The integrated wide band receiver covers a frequency range from 504 kHz to 999MHz in AM and FM, giving you a wideband communication and broadcast receiver. The FT-2DE is equipped with a built in GPS antenna. This is used for APRS support in 1200 or 9600 bps, the GPS track can be recorded on an optional SD memory card. The transmitter supports 5 W output power on 2m and 70cm, and can be reduced to 2.5W, 1 W and 100mW to save power.
- Features FT-2DE
- IPX5 protection class
- full dualband support (V+V, U+U, V+U)
- C4FM FDMA modulation
- Automatic Mode Selection
- Snapshot Funktion (with optional MH-85A11U)
- Wideband receiver
- built-in GPS receiver
- 1200/9600bps APRS
- Smart Navigation
- 1245 Memories
- Scanning functions
- DTMF, CTCSS, DCS
- Slot for optional Micro-SD card
- Included in shipment is:
- Yaesu FT-2DE
- LiIon battery SBR-14LI (2200mAh)
- USB cable A/Mini-B
- Belt Clip
- Duoband Antenna
- Operating Manual
- Wall charger
|FT-2DE||Yaesu FT-2DE Dualband handheld FM/C4FM transceiver||425.00 €||Buy now||In stock, shipped in 1 or two days. ⓘ|
|Info freight charges|
Download: Brochere YAESU FT-2D (PDF, EN, 6MB)
Note concerning the programming, the firmware upgrade and the required cables for these functions
- The 'Data' socket on the FT-2DE/XDE is not a usual USB Mini socket, but a custom design.
- The supplied data cable with USB A connector can be used for firmware upgrades, but not for programming the memories and other settings.
- For programming of the memories and other settings the cable SCU-19 is required, additionally you will need a suitable software like the Yaesu ADMS-8.
- For programming of the memories and other settings we recommend the products by RT-Systems, called ADMS-FT2D in thsi case. This product contains a cable 'USB-68' and a programing software for the Windows OS.
- The cable 'SCU-19' (by Yaesu) or the functionally identical cable 'USB-68' (by RT-Systems) are not suitable for firmware upgrades of the radio. Please use the supplied cable for this function.
- This information is valid for the FT-2DE. For the FT-1DE/FT-1XDE other constellations are valid :)